31.5.19

II: Why did I choose this career?

Well... When I was in 7th or 8th grade of elementary school, an interest of chemistry and the sciences in general aroused in me... And influenced by my mom, in some way, I studied a chemical laboratory technician in a technical-professional highschool called Benjamin Davila LarraĆ­n... Once obtained the title I looked for a job and I found it...

I worked as a chemical analyst in a service laboratory for two years... In this job I learned a lot about techniques and regulations. I was considered a good worker so much so that they trained me with specialized courses despite my young age and of not having a university degree like most of my coworkers. In that time, my colleagues encouraged me to study a university career,  but it was something that was so far from my mind, from my possibilities because I had not considered it...

I thought about it and I dared. I paid a preuniversitary all a year to give the PSU and once obtained the results it was time to apply for a career... I had the idea of studying in the night to not stop working but they recommended me to enjoy my universitary stage and I was agree... I didn't know which one to choose, I thought in biochemistry, medical technology, chemistry pedagogy, I just knew that it had to be something scientific because it's what I like... Finally I chose a degree in chemistry in the Universidad de Chile but in the Juan Gomez Millas faculty... I was there for a year and I noticed that it's purpose wasn't what I expected because I was convinced that working in a laboratory was my thing, so I changed to chemistry in this faculty... And I'm in fourth year and really, they haven't been very exciting years, I feel that the atmosphere in the university is strange, something hostile and a bit unsettling...  But maybe it's just my imagination...

With all these years of study, I understood why I like chemistry and it's for the simple reason that I seek to understand how thing around me work and why... But lately I've been thinking if I should continue... I still don't know what kind of work to have, I just hope to have a job that allows me to live in peace...

Resultado de imagen para biohazard black and white

No comments:

Post a Comment